Monday, September 8, 2008

Big Boy Bed

We converted Brayden's crib to a big boy bed a couple of weeks ago.


He really loves being able to get in and out of it all by himself. He has done a much better job adjusting then we thought he would. We had one bad nap last weekend where he refused to stay in it, but after making him sleep in his baby bed (pack-n-play), we have not had any other problems. All we have to do is threaten the baby bed, and he is all of a sudden pretty content to stay in bed. Once he was settled in his new bed, we decided that it was also time to get rid of the binkies. I told him that we gave them to a baby since he was now a big boy and no longer needed them. He still asks about them occasionally, especially when he is upset or really tired, but again we really lucked out and have not had any major problems.

I am not sure if I had all these big steps so worked up in my head that they just weren't as bad as I had expected or if we are just really lucky, but either way the transition has really been a breeze. And for that I am eternally greatful!

No comments: